Empowering Employees to Improve Literacy Benchmarks Worldwide!
Literacy benchmarks are standards used to measure literacy levels in individuals, groups, or populations. These benchmarks are used to determine the level of literacy in a particular area, identify areas that need improvement, and assess progress over time. Improving literacy benchmarks globally is crucial because literacy is a fundamental human right, and it has a significant impact on economic growth, health, and social development.
Literacy is the foundation of education, and it is essential for individuals to develop critical thinking skills, access information, and participate in civic activities. According to the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), there are approximately 750 million adults in the world who are illiterate, and two-thirds of them are women. The consequences of illiteracy are dire, as it can lead to poverty, social exclusion, and limited access to opportunities.
Improving literacy benchmarks is not an easy task, and it requires a collective effort from individuals, organizations, and governments. Corporates are one of the major players that can help significantly in helping to improve literacy benchmarks by leveraging their resources to introduce literacy improvement initiatives – at least starting from their own communities.
How 'Corporates' Can Help
Corporates can start by providing funding for literacy programs in their local communities. Many organizations have already done this, and they have seen the benefits of investing in literacy. For example, Procter & Gamble has a global literacy program called Children's Safe Drinking Water, which provides water purification packets and educational materials to schools in developing countries.
Moreover, corporates can also use their marketing and advertising channels to promote literacy initiatives. For example, Google launched the Google Literacy Project, which provides free resources for teachers, students, and parents to improve literacy skills. The project was promoted through Google's advertising channels, and it helped to increase awareness about literacy issues.
Lastly, and perhaps the most effective method, would be to encourage employees to volunteer in literacy programs. This can be done through initiatives such as employee volunteer programs, where employees are given paid time off to volunteer in literacy campaigns. Using software like Ambassify would allow you to deploy these campaigns without a hassle, with a touch of gamification .to make everything much more simple and engaging.
Steps to Make Your Company a Sustainability Centre
- Assess Your Current Impact: Before becoming a sustainability centre, it's important to assess your current impact on the environment and society. This assessment should cover everything from energy consumption to waste generation, employee well-being, and social impact
- Set Measurable Goals: Once you have assessed your current impact, set specific, measurable goals to reduce your negative impact and increase your positive impact. These goals should be aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Develop a Sustainability Strategy: A sustainability strategy is a plan for how your company will achieve its sustainability goals. It should include initiatives to reduce your environmental impact, improve social responsibility, and ensure good governance practices
- Engage Employees: To become a sustainability centre, it's essential to involve employees in the process. Use gamification and other engagement factors to make it fun and easy for employees to participate in sustainability initiatives. Check out our features page to see the numerous ways Ambassify can help you engage your employees!
- Measure and Report Progress: Once you have developed a sustainability strategy, measure and report progress regularly. This will allow you to track your progress towards your sustainability goals and identify areas where you need to improve
Now imagine you could do all that – from a single platform!
How Ambassify Can Help
Becoming a sustainability centre can be a daunting task, but Ambassify can help. Ambassify is a software solution that helps companies involve their employees in the process of developing and implementing a sustainable strategy. By using gamification and other engagement factors, Ambassify makes it fun and easy for employees to participate in sustainability initiatives.
With Ambassify, you can formulate a sustainability strategy that is aligned with your business goals and the expectations of stakeholders. By involving employees in the process, you can create a culture of sustainability that extends beyond the boardroom and into the everyday operations of your business.
In conclusion, becoming a sustainability centre is not only important for the environment and society, but it can also benefit your business. By following the steps outlined in this blog post, you can develop a sustainable strategy that works for your business and your stakeholders.
Want Ambassify’s help in accelerating your path to becoming a Sustainability Centre? Book a demo with us today!